I’m 31 History of migraines(Hormonal related mostly) and und

Patient: I’m 31. History of migraines(Hormonal related mostly) and under control/infrequent for several years now. Approximately a week after my last period, I had a sudden, intense spell of vertigo/dizziness with a sudden and intense headache with sweaty/clammy feeling last week. Since then I’m battling with constant headache often reaching migraine level with symptoms of nausea, dizziness, and fatigue. Normal meds/remedies not effective. I never experienced unexplained dizziness before or such a persistent headache. Should I see a doctor or just give it rest and time?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical platform.If you are suffering from Migraine Hea daches, you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of migraine.If you are on Migraine prophylaxis, slowly, your severity and frequency of attacks would reduce and a time will come, when you will have almost no attacks.Let me brief you about the pattern of Migraine headaches.Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia. So, if you have these symptoms then probably you have Migraine.A Neurological Examination, fundus examination are must to rule out any other Neurological problem which might also require Neuroimaging.For Migraine prophylaxis drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitryptilline are used.Share my opinion with your doctor and get treated.Stay Healthy