Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 33 I’ve been working out at curves and getting

I’m 33 I’ve been working out at curves and getting

Patient: I’m 33. I’ve been working out at curves and getting dizzy and shaky at times. tonight after my workout it took over 30 minutes for my heart rate to drop from 114 to 102. also I was shaky should I be concerned?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,If you have been regular with the cardio schedule, then this part icular episode of dizziness with shakiness can be attributed to possible dy selectrolytemia and dehydration following sweating. This may lead to increased heart rate and even palpitations, which usually settle down once the exercise is stopped and water is replenished along with electrolytes.If these episodes are not frequent then the likely cause is dehydration but if the episodes reoccur especially while doing cardio exercises , then it would be necessary for you to get a EKG done and also a treadmill test to check your cardiac tolerance and to rule out any cardiac cause which gets aggravated during exercise and creates a decreased return to heart and hence further decreased systolic volume for bodily distribution.I hope i have answered your concerns in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards