Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 34 weeks pregnant and having really bad tailbone pains

I’m 34 weeks pregnant and having really bad tailbone pains

Patient: I’m 34 weeks pregnant and having really bad tailbone pains. It just started on morning and hasn’t gone away. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, lay. I’ve tried to sleep on my left side but I’m still so uncomfortable. I just cry the whole time because I can’t take this pain anymore. It’s making me sick to my stomach with some stomach pains. I did fall about 5 years ago on my tailbone. What can the dr/ob actually do? She really needs to come out so I can have the ‘proper’ medical care.. I haven’t called my ob yet because people said it would go away when I had a bowel movement. But has yet to go away. Help?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.This is a normal response due to the weight of the body. Since the weight of the baby increases as the pregnancy advances, your body weight also increases leading to the pressure over the low back leading to back pain.I would advise you in such scenario, to do hot fomentation of the affected area. In case of severe pain just apply Diclofenac containing gel locally over the lower back.Just don’t take any pain killer or NSAIDs for the purpose of back pain.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.