Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 36 weeks pregnant have not had sex in months

I’m 36 weeks pregnant have not had sex in months

Patient: I’m 36 weeks pregnant have not had sex in months is it normal for the vagina to be swollen red and hurting out of no where

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Swelling of the vagina and pain without a history of sexual intercourse in pregnancy, c an mean a vulval hematoma.It needs immediate attention. The causes could be local trauma, that has got unnoticed, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders or side effects of medications like aspirin and heparin.Kindly consult a gynecologist immediately for an examination. Antibiotics, painkillers, and decompression may be needed for the symptoms.Hope this helped.Regards