I'm 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my first baby

Patient : I'm 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my first child. I have been having pain in my right side, pretty sharp, that comes and goes. It kind of feels like a pulled muscle, but moves towards my belly button. Could this be contractions?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. At 38 weeks, the baby is at term and you may anticipate labour in next 2 weeks ideally unless it occurs earlier. One cannot time labour as it can vary. A unilateral pain in the right side moving towards the belly button which is short lasting and not repetitive and not central and moving towards the groin, with uterus remaining relaxed and not hard during the pain, rules out uterine contraction completely. This is probably a ligament stretch or a muscle pull that you may have experienced. Also , if there had been no show like discharge per vaginum and baby movements are fine and the head of the baby is still higher in the pelvis, it is all the more unlikely that it is uterine contraction. I hope I have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards