I'm 4 days late on my period and I took

Patient : I'm 4 days late on my period and I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative why isn't it coming I've been so depressed and stressed about could that be the reason?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Yes, depression and stress and lead to hormonal changes and delay the cycles. Repeat th e pregnancy test after a week for accurate results. If negative, wait for the cycle for a week. In case the cycles do not resume, see a gynecologist for an examination and withdrawal bleeding medications. Meanwhile, drink plenty of water, reduce stress and have a healthy diet . Hope this helped. Regards