I'm 4 days late on my period, I have tender

Patient

Q: I'm 4 days late on my period, I have tender breasts, mild headaches, sensitive teeth, heartburn, and frequent urination. I drank 6-8 bottles of water today and without thinking of possible dilution took a pregnancy test, it came out negative but I'm concerned it may be a false negative. Should I re-test first thing in the morning?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

As you have been just 4 days delayed, ideally you should wait for 7 days post missed periods to perform a urine pregnancy test for sensitive results. However, the symptoms that you are experiencing may be premenstrual and possible that your menses shall start in next few days. You may repeat the urine pregnancy test again to rule out pregnancy.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health,