Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 4 weeks 4 days pregnant and i’m experiencing lower

I’m 4 weeks 4 days pregnant and i’m experiencing lower

Patient: I’m 4 weeks 4 days pregnant and i’m experiencing lower abdominal pains every 4-5hrs. But no blood. Is that normal? Or should I be concern?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Occasional abdominal cramps can be seen in early pregnancy.But as you are having frequent abdominal cramps, if frequency or severity of cramps increases, better to consult your gynecologist once and get evaluated.Rule out other possible causes of abdominal cramps like constipation, urinary tract infection etc.Clinical examination and ultrasound help in finding out the possible cause of the problem and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care