Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 40 years old and 15 weeks pregnant with twins

I’m 40 years old and 15 weeks pregnant with twins

Patient: I’m 40 years old and 15 weeks pregnant with twins. My urine test came back with 2-3 pus, and +++ for epith. Is this common for a pregnant women, should I be concerned?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Having few epithelial cells in urine microscopy is common, which can be shredded from the bladder or urethral epithelium.But having plenty of epithelial cells sometimes may indicate urinary tract infection or inflammatory reaction etc.So, please get evaluated.By urine culture and sensitivity and an ultrasound any possibility of infection can be identified and treated.Take care