Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im 41 have my tubes tied I haven’t had

Im 41 have my tubes tied I haven’t had

Patient: Im 41 & have my tubes tied I haven’t had a period in 3/4 months what could it be plus im having all the signs of being pregnant but the tests say negative

Symptoms: And tests all say negative plus my tubes are tied

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you underwent tubectomy and as pregnancy tests gave nega tive results, the possibility of pregnancy is less.Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.As you are having amenorrhea since three to four months better to get evaluated.So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc.With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.