I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant

Patient : I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant and last night had brown spotting when I wiped, continuing into today. I have a little pressure on my lower abdomen and a light twinge in my lower back. Should I wait it out or go the emergency room?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks of the query. Any form of bleeding per vaginum during pregnancy should deserve an investigation as a threatened abortion unless proved otherwise. Please visit ER, and get a transvaginal ultrasound done to look for any impending abortion, retroplacental clot or subchorionic hemorrhage and also for foetal heart beat and hence viability. If all is satisfactory, then the bleed can be possibly due to luteal phase defect and progesterone deficiency, where you should be placed on micronised progesterone daily hence till early second trimester and also should be bed rested till the bleeding stops completely for about 3-4 days. I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Wishing you a safe pregnancy. Regards