Im 5'5", weigh 125 lbs. 46 year old female.

Patient

Q: Im 5'5", weigh 125 lbs. 46 year old female. My normal lifestyle is healthy eating and vigorous yoga and exercise 6s week.

I am fit and in shape.

I recently have developed an inflammation in my spine or lower back back which luckily is not serious. Ruled out the bad things in full spinal MRIs.

Now I am told my Dr wants to put me on oral steroids for 4 to 5 days ,not sure dose.

My questions are:
Is it possible not to gain weight if I take the meds for 4 to 5 days?

What is the best way not to gain weight?

Are the hunger cravings manageable that I can will power them off?

At this point for past 5 days I had to stop my workouts bc of my condition, not sure when I can go back full force, but maybe modified I can do like weights without moving my legs around too much,

Is it worth it to go on steroids? Can my weight not be changed if on for 4 to 5 days?

Doctor