Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 6 days late on my period .. I never missed a period .

I’m 6 days late on my period .. I never missed a period .

Patient: I’m 6 days late on my period .. I never missed a period today when I whipped it was some brown & light pink blood am I pregnant ?

Symptoms: Mild cramping , headaches , backpains , dizzy , hunger , using restroom

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comI f you have missed your periods for more than 6 days and you fear pr egnancy then it is imperative to perform a beta HCG based urine pregnancy test to rule out or confirm pregnancy before contemplating any other differential diagnosis.Once ruled out , then these symptoms of headache, mild cramping, dizzy , hunger, frequent urination can be associated with premenstrual syndrome which occurs 3 days prior to the menses almost every month regularly. All these symptoms subside once the bleeding starts within few days.If there has been light pink discharge on the wipe , then it is possible that you are due for your periods and you may start it in another few days, but nevertheless its always better to rule out pregnancy in any sexually active woman who misses her period .I hope i have answered your queries.Regards