Im 7 weeks pregnant and had spotting after intercourse

Patient : Im 7 weeks pregnant and had spotting after intercourse, just a few spots and that was it, i kept an eye on it there was no more blood. is this normal?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Intercourse in early first trimester should ideally be avoided as it increases the cha nces of threatened abortion. As you are already 7 weeks pregnant, any form of bleeding per vaginum in pregnancy is abnormal and you should review with your Physician for an ultrasound pelvis to rule out threatened abortion first by looking for any subchorionic haemorrhages or retroplacental clot which can be deleterious for continuation of pregnancy and can very well be caused by strenuous activity during intercourse by initiating a uteroplacental separation. Please visit you Physician soon. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you a safe pregnancy. Regards