Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m 8 weeks pregnant and I have a clear ,

I’m 8 weeks pregnant and I have a clear ,

Patient: I’m 8 weeks pregnant and I have a clear , mucus , stringy discharge! What is it ???

Symptoms: Slight discomfort in vaginal area , not to bad. Stringy , clear ,mucus like discharge

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,The discharge that you are experiencing is the normal physiological mucoid di scharge due to increasing progesterone levels in body due to pregnancy and increased cervical secretions. This is normal. You may just clean it with plain water and keep the are dry. There is no apparent need to be alarmed or worried.I hope I have allayed your anxiety in toto,Wishing you safe pregnancy,Regards