Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m a 11 year old girl and I’ve been having

I’m a 11 year old girl and I’ve been having

Patient: I’m a 11 year old girl and I’ve been having a nonstop cough for a week now but my throat doesn’t hurt please help im very worried something serious might be wrong .Ps.please suggest medication

Symptoms: Coughing

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from Bronchitis or Allergic Cough. Smoking is the main factor behind it. However, it can be allergic too.I would advise in such scenario to get Hemogram with ESR , ECG, Chest Xray and Pulmonary Function TestIf the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchitis. If you have chest congestion, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required. You might also require short dose of Steriod inhaler like Budenoside.Your doctor will also prescribe you anti-allergic like Levocetrizine for long term.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy