Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m a 15 year old male, active in sports and

I’m a 15 year old male, active in sports and

Patient: I’m a 15 year old male, active in sports and weightlifting. Over the past few months I’ve had a pain several times every day on the left side of my chest. It often will also go down the left side of my arm. Is this muscular?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your question.Pain in the left side of the chest and radiation to the left arm needs to be investi gated by ECG, cardiac check up to be on a safe side in spite of your age.Another investigation needed is MRI of the cervical spine.Physical examination by an Orthopaedic Surgeon will help further to get a proper diagnosis and plan for a treatment.I hope this answers your query ad help for treatment .