Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m a 16 year old female I get at least 8 hrs sleep. Low energy.

I’m a 16 year old female I get at least 8 hrs sleep. Low energy.

Patient: I’m a 16 year old female. I get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, but I stay exhausted; sometimes to the extent that I cannot move because I feel like I have no energy. I also have hot/cold flashes.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It looks like you may be exhausted due to stress. The other causes could be thyroid dysfu nction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies,low blood pressure, low blood sugars. Kindly consult a physician, get an examination done. The doctor may suggest investigations like blood counts, urine tests , liver and kidney function tests. Based on the results, you may be put on iron supplements and other medications in case of an underlying disorder. Drink lots of water and have a nutritious diet.Hope this helped.Regards