Ask The Doctor > Pending > I’m a 16 year old girl, and I’ve had constant

I’m a 16 year old girl, and I’ve had constant

Patient: I’m a 16 year old girl, and I’ve had constant urinary urgency since I was 8. I’ve seen a couple doctors and urologists when the problem started. I got exams, ultrasounds, tests and urine samples taken that revealed nothing. It wasn’t a uri, and I tried the cranberry juice but it didn’t help. The urologist said it could be caused by constipation, and gave me a laxative to try for a few weeks (promising it would cure me of my urgency) but it didn’t help.I’ve heard this is just something some people have to live with. Is there really no cure for me?I’ve gotten somewhat used to it, but I still want it gone. My only symptom is the constant urge to urinate, even though I have an empty bladder. No pain or anything like that.Please help me.

Doctor: