Im a 16 year old girl, and I've never really ad cramps

Q: Im a 16 year old girl, and I've never really had cramps before. Last month after my period, I had sex with my boyfriend and he was in for like two seconds with a condom on before I told him I changed my mind and we stopped. Its around the time of my period now and im a few days late, and ive been getting really sharp pains, similar to cramps, but I've never really experienced them before so I don't know. What's going on?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

First-time sex is usually very painful. This is because the female has not yet started producing enough hormones and this causes the symptoms of pain due to dryness of the vaginal mucosa. Later, when the mucosa is wet, it will allow easy and smooth penetration.

The damage to the vagina has upset your uterus causing it to cramp. Wait for a few days and then it should all be normal. If you do not feel better, please see a Doctor.'

Hope this helps you