I'm a 17 year old girl I've had a mystery

Patient

Q: I'm a 17 year old girl I've had a mystery illness for the past 2 and half year I have 24/7 stabbing pain in my abdomen up high and headaches everyday mirgaines at least once a week. I get very nauseous but I can sometimes keep down little amounts of food. I also have p.o.t.s which is making me lose wait on days I can barely eat even if im in bed all day. On high pain nights I have trouble falling asleep. We have tried every test and every medication you could think of Ive have surgery and many tests where I had to go under and stay multiple nights in the hospital. My doctors don't know what to do for me. I have missed school and many family and friend functions because of this. I've been doing research on some stuff that could help me the one that stood out was medical marijuana. I've never smoked before and if someone brought this up a year ago I'd look at them like they were crazy but I'm tired of being in pain every day and just want something that will help me but I'd like a doctors opinion first before I even think about bringing this to my parents.

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Acid reflux disease and Migraine. However, recurrent pain abdomen vomitings can be because of following reasons:
1. Peptic Ulcer Disease
2. Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac Disease.
I would advise you to get Upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen.
Also if Endoscopy suggests any evidence of Celiac Disease, you would require to get Anti TTG Antibody test done. Your doctor will get your endoscopy and if finds any ulcers will take a biopsy for h.pylori infection. He will start you on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone. You should avoid Painkillers, Alcohol, Smoking and should take Soft and Bland diet.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy