Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » I’m a 18 year old female, and I have a

I’m a 18 year old female, and I have a

Patient: I’m a 18 year old female, and I have a problem with reoccuring boils on my vaginal area.. I was diagnosed with PCOS, and I’m slightly overweight.. (I’m exercising & getting better eating habits to try to lose weight),I also have dark thick skin on my inner thighs and the gyno I went to said that was due to pcos too. I really don’t know what to do. I’m very clean, I shower everyday and do everything I can to get rid of them but they always come back.. I need to know how to get rid of these for good.. thanks


Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,If you are a known case of PCOS, then hyperandrogenemia is a part of PCOS whic h can cause thickened and darkened skin over inner thighs and often folliculitis in the genital area or acne on the face with increased bodily hair growth. These have to be controlled by reducing weight and re-establishing the hormonal balance. You may have to be placed on low dose Oral contraceptive pills for at least 6 months before notable effects can be seen. The recurring boils can be checked by keeping the area moisture free and keeping it hair free.I hope I have answered your query,Regards


Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

View all posts