I'm a 22 year old woman and I had sex

Patient

Q: I'm a 22 year old woman and I had sex for the first time last month. I had my period soon after but it was very light. I recently had my period but it only lasted about two days. I read that what we think may be a period sometimes isn't and I began to get concerned.

Doctor

A:   Hello
If you have got the bleeding around the expected date of the cycle, then it is most likely to be periods even if you have had bleeding for 2 days.
In case you have a doubt, you could do a serum beta hcg test after 20 days of your intercourse to rule out pregnancy. Sometimes very rarely implantation bleeding can present in a similar way . However that is generally spotting or very scanty bleeding due to pregnancy.

Do not worry as the chance of pregnancy is negligible in your case. Yet, be watchful about symptoms like nausea, vomiting, weakness or heavy bleeding which could indicate an early pregnancy.

Hope this helps.