Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » I’m a 23 year old Male who is worried about

I’m a 23 year old Male who is worried about

Patient: I’m a 23 year old Male who is worried about hair loss at the temples. Currently I have thick hair and am not expirienceing any hair loss or hair thinning at the temples but I was wondering if I could use Rogaine as a prevention method. If I wasn’t experiencing hair loss in the temples and I use Rogaine as a prevention method for a couple of years then stop using it completely after a few years will it cause hair loss?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Rogaine has indeed shown go od results and is recommended by dermatologists through out the world to treat male pattern baldness. It has shown good effects too, however, the long term effects are unknown. So, you can definitely go for it, however, long term effects are not known.I will advise you to apply Castor oil on your scalp daily and this help in strengthening the hair follicles and promoting hair growth. This oil has a lot of health effects and people have benefitted immensely on regular use. You also need to increase your protein intake in the diet, especially boiled eggs – egg whites as they also help in promoting hair growth besides muscle growth. If you follow good diet along with rogaine, even in the longer run you will have good hair.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.

Patient: Thank you for your help, I will try the Castor Oil. Will the Castor oil also help keep DHT away from the scalp? If not are there any oils that are known to do so. Also, I’m a vegan is there an egg substitute I can use to get the benefits of egg whites?
Thanks again!

Doctor: Yes, you have to ensure you’re getting adequate protein from the diet, so cottage cheese, soybean, e.t.c can be consumed more frequently.
Castor oil has no interaction with DHT.
For castor oil, make sure that you are applying it on the scalp directly.

View all posts