I'm a 25 year old female four foot eight around 110 pounds

Patient

Q: I'm a 25 year old female four foot eight around 110 pounds. I just quit smoking and drinking after doing both everyday for 6 maybe more years. I found out Monday I developed a heart murmur and before that years ago I always had palpitations and was told to cut caffiene out of my diet. I guess my question is.. because I've stopped cold turkey will this cause more problems for my heart? Can I exercise normally? Can I still have children even though my heart is not normal?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Noted your history of giving up smoking and drinking just recently after doing this for nearly 6 years, found out that you have a murmur on Monday and worried about cold turkey. That you are interested to know whether you can have more problems for the heart, exercise normally and can have children later.

As per the history you already had palpitations in the past also.
For this, you should get your cardiac check-up done to see what the problem is. Thyroid profile test is very important as is echo-cardiography.

Once declared to have no cardiac problem you certainly go for exercises and can have a pregnancy.
If there is a cardiac problem or have problems of thyroid or anything, you have to consult a Gynecologist with all the reports and follow her advice.

Hope this helps.