I'm a 26 year old male and was involved in

Patient

Q: I'm a 26 year old male and was involved in a Car wreck a few days ago. I was stopped and was rear ended by a driver going 55MPH. My left knee was thrown through the dash. I had severe pain, and it started swelling right away. Now it's warm to the touch, swollen, and still hurts a lot. I'm a veteran and I don't want the kid that hit me to have to pay so I went to the VA to get it checked out. They drew out fluid that was clear and said I need a MRI but who knows how long that could be. Could anyone tell me what could be wrong?

Symptoms:  Left knee pain with swelling, warm and red, instability, decreased range of motion.
Doctor