Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im a 30 yr old female with a wheat intolerence

Im a 30 yr old female with a wheat intolerence

Patient: Im a 30 yr old female with a wheat intolerence. Also diagnosed with ibs and microscopic colitis as i had chronic diarrhea. Ive been taking medication for a year and a half now3 asacol 800mg2 budonofalk which was reduced to 1 now2 deanxit reduced to 1 and now removed completely since 2 weeks.Since i stopped the dianxit, ive been feeling extremely nauseaos all the time with sweating and a little dizziness.Are these withdrawal symptoms from the deanxit or are they symptoms of the asacol n budonofalk taken without the deanxit.Im really botheres by smells and the nausea.Please help me as even motilium isnt doing anythingThanks in advance

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you out best. The probable explanation of your symptoms is wit hdrawal of Deanxit.Deanxit is made up of two components- flupentixol 0.5mg (or flupenthixol, an antipsychotic) and melitracen 10mg (a tricyclic antidepressant). In fact in USA and many other countries this combination of banned. Since you have been taking the medicine for a long the withdrawal should have been more gradual. We usually reduce to half the dose for one day and full the next day alternately for a week. Then reduce the drug to half for next one week. Then during the third week, we give medicine on alternate days.on each alternate day. Then the drug should be stopped.Now I would advise you to take Deanxit alternate day for a week or 10 days and then stop it. You should also take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone that would help you better then Domperidone (Motilium) along.I am hopeful this gradual withdrawal and simultaneous use of the combination I mentioned will help you in combating these symptoms.I hope I am able to help you.If you have any further query, please ask me.Stay Healthy.