Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m a 33 yr old female, I got my tubes tied.

I’m a 33 yr old female, I got my tubes tied.

Patient: My name is Trina I’m a 33yr old female.. I got my tubes tied in 2008 but I’m having doubt’s now..My last period was January 1,2015 and I thought I missed my cycle until today I started bleeding real heavy…Is this normal?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If your tubes had been tied earlier in 2008, then it is unlikely that you could be pre gnant. If your menses returned late but heavy simply indicates that the delay may have been due to stress-related hormonal imbalance during the month. Tubal ligation is a permanent method of sterilization and is highly effective.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health,Regards