I'm a 38 year old male I have a gurgling/growling

Q: I'm a 38 year old male. I have a gurgling/growling noise in my throat. Have had it for quite a few years but notice it's getting worse as I get older. Have tried rolaids didn't help. Anything else I could take to help it?

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Following are the possibilities in your case:
1. Allergic cough with post nasal drip.
2. Acid reflux.
Get a Chest Xray done, if there are no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough.
Initially you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm.In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers. For acid reflux, you should take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.