Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m a 38 year old male I have a gurgling/growling

I’m a 38 year old male I have a gurgling/growling

Patient: I’m a 38 year old male. I have a gurgling/growling noise in my throat. Have had it for quite a few years but notice it’s getting worse as I get older. Have tried rolaids didn’t help. Anything else I could take to help it?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.Following are the possibilities in your case:1. Allergic cough with post nasal dr ip.2. Acid reflux.Get a Chest Xray done, if there are no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough.Initially you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm.In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers. For acid reflux, you should take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.