Im a female 20 years old ive been sick for

Patient

Q: Im a female 20 years old. ive been sick for a week and a half. ive been taking cold and cough medicine but it only helps with the runny nose. my ears have been aching it feels like i have an ear infection in both ears and the mornings are the worst i wake up constantly coughing and i can feel the fleem in my throat i just cant get it out and it goes back down its deep coughs and it hurts my chest. i also have body aches and i get headaches but they eventually go away. i take advil since the cold pills dont help and ive been checking my tounge for greenish color to see if i had strep throat but someone mentioned to me that i might not know i have strep throat and it could possibly be turning into meningitis since my neck has been hurting and i have body aches. can you help? should i go to the emergency room tonight or is it safe to wait until morning?

Doctor

A:   Hello

Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.
You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI). This is mostly viral and as self-limiting.
But in case you have fever then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. You can continue Cetirizine that you are taking for net 2-3 days. In case of severe pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that. You may take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy