I'm a social drinker but I go out quite a

Patient : I'm a social drinker but I go out quite a lot... I go out about 3 or 4 days out of the week and I've recently been feeling very bad pain in my back and stomach and I wonder if it's my kidneys or liver
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Frequent consumption of alcohol can slowly take a toll on your health. Not only the liv er and kidney can get affected, but the entire body can get affected. Alcohol relieves pain for the moment, but once the effect comes down, it will cause the pain to increase by 2 folds. Liver can undergo fatty changes and jaundice can set in. Bones may lose the calcium and get softer, backaches, and body aches are common. Gastritis can get severe and one can experience abdominal aches. Also, the nervous system can get deranged. It is advisable to stop drinking and consult a doctor to get a few tests done to rule out any complications. The doctor will treat you accordingly. Hope this helped. Regards