I'm a teen and I had sex, we used a

Q: I'm a teen and I had sex, we used a condom and I am not on birth control. My period is late, but only by about a week, I've had my period get off track before, he didn't ejaculate in me either. I had surgery recently on my elbow and I'm a cheerleader, could the change in my physical activity be the cause of my late period? And what's the chances that I could be?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you may be pregnant or the injury of the elbow has cause changes in the hormonal levels and can cause the periods to delay. I recommend that you get a pregnancy test. If positive, please see a Doctor as soon as possible. All the best.

Hope this helps you.