I'm a virgin that has never had intercourse

Patient

Q: I'm a virgin that has never had intercourse. But I've being reading a lot about the hymen, but I still not know how it breaks. As there being a lot of talk about when the hymen breaks there blood. So can you clear this up. Thanks

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and trying to understand something.

I shall try to simplify.
As you must have read and understand on internet, hymen is a thin skin flap that That covers the opening of the vaginal vault.
This can be very thin in some whereas thick in some.
When the fully erected penis is pushed through this hymen into vagina during the first intercourse, it has to go in rupturing this thin skin fold. Hence it can get ruptured/torn. As this is the skin cover, it does bleed a bit or occasionally a bit more.
But the wound heals almost completely within a few days.
Once this area gets accustomed to he new environs, there is no more trouble.

Do not think so much or worry too much, as this is the part that everyone has to go through.
You can certainly talk to your sisters, friends about this who have gone through the experience and you will realize this is not that much painful.

I hope this clears your doubts.
Take care.