Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m afraid I’ve been bitten by a spider I have

I’m afraid I’ve been bitten by a spider I have

Patient: I’m afraid I’ve been bitten by a spider I have a small red bump on my arm that when I touch is painful when I touch it it also seems swollen and hard and it seems to have a little hole in it (possibly a bite mark?)

I'm afraid I've been bitten...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per de tails, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is Insect bite reaction also known as Pedros dermatitis.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area followed by a combination of antibiotic and steroid like hydrocortisone.Also anti-inflammatory drugs like diclofenac is advised.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy