Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m allergic to just about every medication

I’m allergic to just about every medication

Patient: I’m allergic to just about every medication, I was prescribed naproxen 500 mg. Should I worry about taking them? Asprin is an ingredient in naproxen, right?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Naproxen is different from Aspirin, but both belongs to the broa d group called as Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID’s).If you are allergic to Aspirin then you can be allergic to Naproxen also.In such scenario, for pain I prefer to use Tramadol which is totally a different class of drug.Share my opinion with your Doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.