Im almost 18 and have back pain for the last 4 years

Patient

Q: Im almost 18 and four the past four years my back has been in a lot of pain but ive tried several things to try to get rid of the pain but now it just keeps getting worse, not only my lower back but my entire back ive tried to go to the chiropractor but a day after it starts hurting again. Also my knees have been hurtung when i and on them for long periods of time, i get sharp pains in my knees everyday. Finally i get headaches that dont go away and the make me very sick feeling and my head hurts but when i lay on the side of my head that hurts it start to hurt from temple to temple there is a few times where i felt i was going to pass out cause my migraines its been going on for about four years also. And im not sure if i went to the doctor if they told me there was nothing they could do for the pain.

Im almost 18 and have back ...-1
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from any of the following:
1. Muscular back pain
2. Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.

I would advise you to get following:
1. X-ray Cervical spine
2. X-ray LS spine
3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels
4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.

For muscular pain i advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.

If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.