I'm always aroused. Is this normal?

Q: I'm aroused all the time, and need to masturbate daily or have sex. Sometimes I'll masturbate for 2 or 3 hours. I'm 29 male. Is this normal?

Symptoms:  Arousal

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

In the absence of an active sex life, masturbation is normal. There is no limit for masturbation, it should not be affecting the daily activities. Some people do get tired post masturbation/orgasm.
If you persistently do it for 2-3 hours, there are slight chances of developing premature ejaculation in the future. So you should avoid continuous masturbation.

If it is difficult for you to control the frequency, you can talk to a Psychologist, who will teach you some calming techniques like meditation to free yourself of this persistent thought of masturbation. A few sittings will definitely benefit you.

Hope this was helpful.