Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m always aroused. Is this normal?

I’m always aroused. Is this normal?

Patient: I’m aroused all the time, and need to masturbate daily or have sex. Sometimes I’ll masturbate for 2 or 3 hours. I’m 29 male. Is this normal?

Symptoms: Arousal

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.In the absence of an active sex life , masturbation is normal. There is no limit for masturbation, it should not be affecting the daily activities. Some people do get tired post masturbation/orgasm.If you persistently do it for 2-3 hours, there are slight chances of developing premature ejaculation in the future. So you should avoid continuous masturbation.If it is difficult for you to control the frequency, you can talk to a Psychologist, who will teach you some calming techniques like meditation to free yourself of this persistent thought of masturbation. A few sittings will definitely benefit you.Hope this was helpful.Regards.