I'm an 18 year old female & I'm 5'6 I

Patient

Q: I'm an 18 year old female & I'm 5'6. I have aches in my legs & in my lower back. I've noticed stretch marks on my thighs. I'm not obese. I only weigh 110 lbs. Could my height be increasing still? Is a growth spurt still possible?

Symptoms:  Aching, stretch marks
Doctor

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

Stretch marks are a normal part of puberty for most girls and guys. When a person grows or gains weight really quickly (like during puberty), that person may get fine lines on the body called stretch marks.

Most girls attain their adult height by the age of 18, so there are less chances of increase in height after that.

The reasons for your pain might be not exercising regularly, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.

Try these remedies :-

Paracetamol is often one of the first medications recommended for back pain, although some people find non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, more effective. A stronger painkiller, such as codeine, is also an option and is sometimes taken in addition to paracetamol.
Painkillers can have side effects, some can be addictive and others may not be suitable, depending on your health and medical history. For example, the long-term use of NSAIDs can affect how well your kidneys work.
Your pharmacist or GP will be able to give you advice about the most appropriate type of medication for you.
If over-the-counter medications are not controlling your pain, your GP may be able to prescribe something stronger. They may also recommend a short course of a muscle relaxant, such as diazepam, if you experience muscle spasms in your back.
Read more about the medicines for back pain.
Hot and cold treatments
Some people find that heat – for example, a hot bath or a hot water bottle placed on the affected area helps ease the pain.
Cold, such as an ice pack or a bag of frozen vegetables, placed on the painful area can also be effective. Don't put the ice directly on to your skin though, as it might cause a cold burn. Wrap an ice pack or bag of frozen vegetables in a cloth before putting it on your skin.
Another option is to alternate between hot and cold using ice packs and a hot water bottle. Hot and cold compression packs can be bought at most pharmacies.
Relax and stay positive
Trying to relax is a crucial part of easing the pain because muscle tension caused by worrying about your condition may make things worse. Read more about relaxation tips to relieve stress.
Although it can be difficult, it's also important to stay optimistic and recognise that your pain should get better because people who manage to stay positive despite their pain tend to recover quicker.
Change your sleeping position
Changing your sleeping position can take some of the strain off your back and ease the pain.
If you sleep on your side, draw your legs up slightly towards your chest and put a pillow between your legs. If you sleep on your back, placing pillows under your knees will help maintain the normal curve of your lower back.
Exercise and lifestyle
Regular exercise and being active on a daily basis will help keep your back strong and healthy. Activities such as walking, swimming and yoga are popular choices. The important thing is to choose an enjoyable activity that you can benefit from without feeling pain
pain.

Hope this helps. Take care.