Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m an 18 year old female with pain in chest.

I’m an 18 year old female with pain in chest.

Patient: I’m an 18 year old female. For the past two weeks I’ve been having pain in center of my chest and upper stomach. The pain is also in the lower stomach as well now. My appetite has changed. A lot of food smells really strong and makes me feel like I’m going to vomit. When I do eat I tend to get full quicker. Just recently I had pain right next to my belly button. Only when I touched it really.. occasionally I start sweating, my face turns rosey and I get really hot. What could be wrong with me?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Here are possible causes of chest pain:Cardiac related chest painLung diseasesAcid ityMuscle strainYou should see a Doctor as soon as possible to get an ECG done. The ECG will help you to rule out heart diseases.If it not related to the heart, your Doctor will help you see if it is related to the lungs. Infection of the lungs or asthma can cause chest pain. The Doctor will treat this with Antibiotics or Corticosteroids respectively.Acidity can be treated by taking Antacids. Ice the area and if the pain reduces, then it is related to muscle strain. Regular icing and massage will help you.All the best.