Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m an 18 year old male I recently had symptoms

I’m an 18 year old male I recently had symptoms

Patient: I’m an 18 year old male I recently had symptoms that included my penis itching on the inside,a slight discharge,and slight burning sensation when I. Urinate I went to the doctor and the nurse told me I had a yeast infection but how ever I was not tested. She.prescribed me loritrim AF which I started yesterday I want to know what I. Have and does Lotrimin work on curing yeasts infection in men

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for your query on ATD.Usually yeast infection in male is rare but it can occur if you are diabetic. Lotrimin will help you if you are having yeast infection (Candidiasis).My advice get yourself examined by a Dermatologist. You will get relief.Hope this helps.Good luck