I'm basically 28 weeks pregnant and I had blood

Q: I'm basically 28 weeks pregnant and I had blood work done. A CBC was done and my WBC was high (14) and the obgyn said I had a few unusual immature cells. He ran it past s hematologist and was told to just have me come back in a couple weeks to retest again. He didn't seem very concerned but I am. Looking online I keep
Seeing leukemia appearing. I've never had issues with my blood before and I get a CBC yearly. In fact, he drew my blood when I was two months pregnant and it was normal. At the time they drew blood I was starting to develop a rash and had a headache. And now I have a yeast infection. Could this be a concern?

A:   Hello

Pregnancy is an immuno compromised state and there is lower immunity in pregnancy. Leukemia is also a state of lower immunity. However if well maintained and controlled we can avoid acute emergencies like bleeding and infection.

Headache, fever and rash all suggest an infection. There is nothing to panic but care must be taken to control the infection. Rash may sometimes indicate low platelet count. The doctor will do a CBC and manage the condition. Do not worry about it for now. It will take time to settle down.

Hope this helps

Patient: I did not have a low platelet count. Or fever. I had a rash that I believe was a heat rash that has since gone away. And I'm taking care of my yeast infection. Which is commonly associated with pregnancy. I do not get them often. Again my question to you is is leukemia something I have to worry about?
Doctor: Hello
If the diagnosis of Leukemia is made through proper tests of blood and gene analysis, then we need to see what type of leukemia it is. Also in leukemia the blood counts including platelets Will vary sometimes. Those are the times when we need to worry. The outcome of pregnancy with leukemia depends on multiple factors. Generally chronic leukemia people do well and are stable. We need to assess your condition and then only can say what will be the outcome. We need to know the type of.Leukemia you have.
Patient: What type of leukemia I have? Wait... are you serious? I was told it's probably nothing but pregnancy. Now you're saying I may have it, I've been healthy my entire life. 4 months ago I was fine. I have attached my Cbc results.
Doctor: Hello
Your reports are fine and there is no evidence of leukemia in your CBC report. If the doctor has raised a suspicion it is due to presence of immature cells. You need not worry about leukemia.