November 17, 2018

I’m concerned about having herpes after having had sex

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m concerned about having herpes after having had sex

Patient: I’m concerned about having herpes after being taken advantage of last month. I was tested for chlamydia and gonnorrhea and came back negative. I have 3 lesions that are not even remotely close together. One is located on the labia with what looks like a white puss pocket. The other two are located more towards my thighs, one on each cheek and look opposite from the one located on my labia. They have a white tint and look as if they have craters or a dark shadow in the center (I don’t have a very good view on that area). The lesions hurt when touched but are not itchy. Does this sound like herpes? I’ve done hours of research.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, it is possible that the lesions you have is secondary to genital herpes. White bumps on the vagina or on the labia and thighs are signs of genital herpes. If the bumps are sore and cause a burning sensation, bring it to your doctor’s attention at the earliest. Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease and is highly contagious. The other possibility is HPV infection where along with such whitish lesions, there will be associated warts.It needs to be examined by your physician and if herpes is confirmed, treatment can be started with oral Valacyclovir, which reduces the severity and also prevents future recurrences as far as possible.Hope this was helpful.Regards.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No