I'm concerned about my alcohol consumption and my liver

Patient

Q: I'm concerned about my alcohol consumption and my liver. I consume up to 700 ml of white wine every other day. I do not feel ill or dependent. My stools are normal. Sometimes my left side hurts below my ribs. Can I reverse the damage I know I am causing. Thank you

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

If you only have fatty liver, then you will reverse it soon after you stop drinking alcohol. You need to try to reduce the alcohol as fast as possible. And to as little as you can. It may be tough to stop completely at once but it is possible.

If the symptoms do not stop, please see a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.