Im concerned about my babys gender

Patient

Q: Hi doct iam 17 weeks pregnant and 5 weeks....i was at the emergency room cause of sum pain but everything ame out rite hanks god..my question for u is they told me its a girl cause hey dont see a boy part...can they be right at 17 weeks....to see my baby sex

Doctor

A:   Hello, I realize your concern about your babys gender. Certainly the earliest that an Ultrasound can diagnose the sex of a Fetus done by a skilled person is at 13-14 weeks of pregnancy. Since you are at 17 weeks of pregnancy, I am sure that they are very positive of the result. I wish you a successful pregnancy.