Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’m concerned I might have an STD

I’m concerned I might have an STD

Patient: Eleven days ago, I had unprotected sex with a guy. Two days ago I started getting diarrhea and bad stomach cramps. There’s some kind of stomach bug going around where I live so I didn’t think much of it, but yesterday and today I’ve noticed some discharge from my penis. It’s that kind of discharge though where you’re not sure if it really is discharge of if it’s just regular urine and post-ejaculate leakage, or maybe prostate fluid. There haven’t been any stains on my underwear, and the two times I was able to get anything to come out it was clear. Once was a couple of hours after I had jacked off and the second time was in between running to the bathroom. The time after I jacked off I noticed the tip of my penis stuck to my underwear, but there were no stains. My urine is clear, there is no redness, and no burning. The only other thing that concerns me is that since the diarrhea started, my penis smells, but I can’t tell if it’s just sweat and urine.So, to cut it down, here’s what I’m experiencing:1. Diarrhea and stomach cramps that I’m pretty sure are related to the bug going around.2. A little bit of clear discharge that looks and feel like pre-ejaculate.3. A smell that might be sweat and urine.No burning, no itching, no redness.But I’m still scared as hell. Help, please!



Symptoms: A little bit of clear discharge that looks and feels like pre-ejaculate. I’ve noticed once a couple of hours after masturbating and once in between going to the bathroom to deal with this stomach problem. There is also a smell that might be sweat and urine. I don’t know how else to describe it.



Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It surely does not look like you have contracted an STD. The symptoms you have descri bed are not specific enough for the same.It could be possible that you have got an infection of the gut that is running around in your locality. Also, the discharge from penis is not significant enough to be categorised into an STD. You may have to see a physician for an examination and a stool sample and urine sample should be given for culture and sensitivity. Based on the reports you can be treated with a course of antibiotics. Once the diarrhoea settles, you can undergo a thorough check-up to rule out any STD.It can be treated at the earliest in that way. Meanwhile drink plenty of water and consume probiotics twice a day to reduce dehydration.Hope this helped.Regards

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: That’s a relief. I realize that to be absolutely sure I would need to see my doctor, but I feel a little better knowing it doesn’t sound like anything to be worried about to someone who would know.
What could the clear fluid I saw be?

Doctor: Hi
Thanks for the reply.
The clear fluid may mean a pre ejaculate or semgma which can be discharged even at stress. Sometimes even perspiration can lead to it. Rarely,even inflammation can bring in such a discharge, however it can settle down eventually.
Hope this helped.


Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment