Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Im currently taking cymbalta 60mg for severe migraines In th

Im currently taking cymbalta 60mg for severe migraines In th

Patient: Im currently taking cymbalta 60mg for severe migraines. In the last 4 days I’ve had severe migraines, I’ve felt dizzy and nauseous, stomach cramping pain (almost like hunger pains) faint and have had diarrhea. Are these side effects normal or should I go to a hospital?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you on this forum.I have read your query in detail, and I understand your concern.Since you are on high dose of Cymbalta, these symptoms can be because of that only.You should see your doctor.Migraine headaches can be accompanied with vomitings, photophobia and phonophobia. A Neurological Examination, fundus examination are must to rule out any other Neurological problem. If required your doctor will also post you for CT Scan/MRI Brain. Treatment would be with the drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitriptyline. In case of acute pain drugs like Sumatriptan, Ibuprofen helps to terminate the attack.Get well soon.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy