I'm experiencing sharp and stab like pains in my lower abdomen

Q: I'm experiencing sharp and stab like pains in my lower abdomen as well as frequent urination but if after I urinate I still feel like I have to pee and urgently as well to point where it is painful.Along with this I also have irrigation in my vaginal area.Iv been experiencing this sharp pain for a hour now what do you suggest I do and what can I do.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

The sharp and stabbing like pains in lower abdomen along with frequency of urination, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the urinary bladder and irritation in vaginal area can most probably be due to severe cystitis or a stone at the bladder neck (as this is just an hour-old).

I would advise you to rush to ER, get ultrasonography and / or X-ray of the abdomen for KUB, relevant blood and urine tests. The Urine should be given for culture and sensitivity before you start your antibiotics to get a proper report.

The Doctor will give you the further advice and treatment as per the cause found.
You can take plenty of water orally and a painkiller if you have at home.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.