I'm fairly positive I show symptoms of ADD, but I

Patient : I'm fairly positive I show symptoms of ADD, but I don't know if I'm just psyching myself out. Since I am unable to get to a professional for a proper diagnosis, how can I know?
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. To get diagnosed as ADD and get the medicines prescr ibed, you need to see a psychiatrist for a detailed assessment. Only after a formal assessment your diagnosis of ADD will be entered in your health record and then you will be able to get your regular refill of your ADD medications. Diagnosis of ADD cannot be made online and moreover we are not allowed to prescribe ADD medications without physically examining you. Hope this helps. Wish you a good health.

Related Q&A

Q: Hey doc, my ADHD meds aren't working like it should be and I've been taking these meds (concerta) since I was 10 year...

Q: I'm 26 years old and I strongly believe that I have ADHD and bipolar disorder. I can confirm this assumption by own e...

Q: I'm finding it very difficult to effectively manage my ADHD symptoms as an adult. It's embarrassing and humiliating. ...

Q: I was prescribed Vyvanse for my ADHD and I actually lost / am unable to find where I had put the bottle itself contai...

Q: My child is suffering from ADHD and he is hyperactive. He does not make any eye contact, does not listen to our comma...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon