I'm getting frequent pvcs and just woke up from pvcs

Patient

Q: I'm getting frequent pvcs and just woke up from pvcs every beat up to ten in a row, am I dying?

Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are extra, abnormal heartbeats that begin in one of chambers of Ventricles. It is caused by an ectopic cardiac pacemaker located in the ventricle. Significance of PVCs depends on their frequency, complexity, and hemodynamic response. Factors that increase the risk of PVCs include male sex, advanced age, African American race, hypertension and underlying ischemic heart disease, a bundle-branch block on 12-lead ECG, hypomagnesemia, and hypokalemia. Frequent PVC's are associated with increased risk of developing heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias) or weakening of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy). Consult a cardiologist and try to get evaluated to find out the correct cause for this.

Have a great day.