I’m going to go to the doctor about this soon

Patient: I’m going to go to the doctor about this soon but I need something to calm me down. I think I have chlamydia and I was wondering if that is a disease I will carry with me forever or if it will go away after being treated properly. Knowing this will either make me feel better or worse but I can’t take waiting around to know the answer. Thank you!

Symptoms: Itching, burning, light yellow discharge, swelling around vaginal area

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.By clinical examination and by investigations like vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, the exact cause of the infection can be identified and treatment should be taken accordingly.Chlamydia can be treated by:-By taking complete course of antibiotics.-Avoiding intercourse during treatment period.-By treating both partners simultaneously.Take care