I'm going to go to the doctor about this soon


Q: I'm going to go to the doctor about this soon but I need something to calm me down. I think I have chlamydia and I was wondering if that is a disease I will carry with me forever or if it will go away after being treated properly. Knowing this will either make me feel better or worse but I can't take waiting around to know the answer. Thank you!

Symptoms:  Itching, burning, light yellow discharge, swelling around vaginal area

A:   Hi,
Thanks for the query.

I understand your concern.
By clinical examination and by investigations like vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, the exact cause of the infection can be identified and treatment should be taken accordingly.
Chlamydia can be treated by:
-By taking complete course of antibiotics.
-Avoiding intercourse during treatment period.
-By treating both partners simultaneously.

Take care

Related Q&A

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...

Q: I am taking Neurorubine - Forte and have experienced lack of eye focus and trembling in the arms ... is this a side a...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon